- What is a GSA Schedule?
- Maintain a GSA Schedule
Contract Modifications & ReportingMenu
Reporting & ComplianceMenu
Marketing Your GSA ScheduleMenu
- For Government Buyers
How to Buy From a GSA Schedule
FAR 8.4 – Use of the GSA Schedule Program
FAR 8.4 outlines procedures for government acquisition professionals when placing orders against the GSA Schedule program (or “Federal Supply Schedules,” or the “Multiple Award Schedule”). These acquisition procedures are much more streamlined compared to FAR 13 or FAR 15, saving time and resources. Specifically, FAR 8.4 addresses:
- Description of the contracts (Fixed Price, T&M, or LH – no cost type)
- Use and ordering procedures for supplies and services not requiring Statement of Work (SOW)
- Use and ordering procedures for services requiring SOW
- Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) for repetitive buys and Contractor Teaming Arrangements (CTA)
- Fair opportunity, competition requirements, Best Value determination, and Source Selection documentation
View FAR subpart 8.4.